Saturday, September 13, 2008

wild looks

1.
I can admit to myself
that your angst is sexier than my angst
bigger, more profound
but heavens, what a thing to be jealous of!
still, you don't have to whisper these secrets to yourself
in the dark
I understand both more and less than you think I do

2.
I'm big enough to admit
that an event does not automatically carry more historical significance
because it took place on my birthday
but it certainly lights a fire beneath my own interest
You get a wild look in your eye
when you've been drinking
that starts to fade when you measure the distance
between what you want and what you can get
For my part, the distance lies between
what I wish I wanted and what I actually want
I want to hear everyone speaking
in my own voice
I want to see
wild looks
on every face

No comments: